We welcome your interest in The Stonehaven School. Our program is based solidly upon the Bible and implemented by dedicated Christian teachers and staff members. We invite you to carefully examine the service we offer parents and their children. Please ask any questions you may have. Your children are your greatest responsibility, and their education is worthy of such an investment of time and effort.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted starting January 3rd. Our general admissions deadline is March 17th. Applications are welcome after March 17th and will be considered as space is available.
- Discover Stonehaven's Mission & Vision
- The success of a Christ-centered school depends on its ability to attract like-minded families that want a genuine partnership with a school. This partnership is founded upon the common desire of parents and school to train up children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. To learn more about this unique and powerful education we ask our prospective families to read the following:
- Attend Stonehaven Admissions Event
- Open House
- Schedule Private Tour and Class Observation
- We are happy to arrange a private tour if a family is unable to attend an open house. Complete the online form or contact our admissions director Hannah Miley in the front office; (770) 874-8885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Stonehaven Admissions Application
- Complete the online application.
- Application for Admission
- $150 Application Fee ($50/additional child)
- Request for Transcripts & Records
- Pastor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Administrator Recommendation
- Schedule Required Testing & Shadow Day
- Math, reading, and writing entrance assessments will be administered as part of the admissions process to determine that the student is at least on grade level in basic academic skills. Testing is included in the application fee.
- Each prospective student must attend Stonehaven for either a play day (Kindergarten) or a shadow day (1st-8th grade). This interaction helps both the family and the school determine if Stonehaven is a good fit for the prospective student.
- Attend a Family Interview with the Head of School
- At the interview, the family's questions about Stonehaven will be answered, and the school's expectations will be clarified. Each parent and student(s) must participate in the family interview.
- During the family interview at least one parent must be able and willing to clearly articulate a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. Both parents should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and functioning of Stonehaven. Both parents must read the Statement of Faith and accept that it constitutes the doctrinal beliefs of the school and agree to have their children
taught in accordance with the Statement of Faith.
- Each family is required to have their pastor (or similar church leader) submit a completed Pastor Recommendation Form.
- The parents must be committed to cooperating with the policies of the school board. This is most important in the areas of
discipline and schoolwork.
- Parents must understand the school's commitment to parental responsibility for their child's education. Stonehaven exists to assist parents in the godly training of their children, not to take over responsibility for the education of their children. Stonehaven requires parents to be very actively engaged and involved in the education of their children.
- A child generally must reach the age of five (5) by August 1st of the year in which he enters Kindergarten at Stonehaven. All children applying for admission to Kindergarten must demonstrate academic and developmental readiness.
- Generally, a child who has not completed Kindergarten at Stonehaven must reach the age of six (6) years by August 1st of the year in which he enters first grade at Stonehaven.
- Children entering subsequent grades will be admitted to a grade based on having successfully completed the previous grade at home or at another school and having performed satisfactorily on an Admissions Assessment Tests for the grade to which they
- For applicants entering 1st grade or above: Academic portfolios, copies of standardized achievement test scores, and recent report cards for each student that is applying must be submitted with the Application for Admission. As part of the application process and evaluation, Stonehaven will also examine the student's records and transcripts from previous schools attended.
- Two Letters of Recommendation must be completed by teachers and/or administrators from the most recent school attended
(preferably one teacher and one administrator).
- New students will be assessed in Reading, Writing, Math, and Grammar to determine their academic readiness for the program at Stonehaven. Assessment results and prior records will be used to determine the suitability of the Stonehaven program for the student's
needs. Students who perform below the standards for entrance into a particular grade level may be recommended for placement
in a lower grade.
- The child should understand that his parents have delegated their authority to Stonehaven while the child is in school. He is therefore subject to the instruction and discipline of the teachers and staff while in school.
- After acceptance to Stonehaven parents will be required to submit birth certificates, immunization records (or waiver form), emergency contact information, and other pertinent documents prior to the first day of school.
The Stonehaven School makes no distinction concerning an individual's race, color, or ethnic background because the school acknowledges that all persons are created in God's image (Genesis 1:27), and He makes no such distinctions (Galatians 3:28) in his redemptive plan for mankind.